Melbourne Cricket Ground – Northern Stand
A design highlight includes a deep cantilevered cable-net roofing structure providing weather protection with glazed edge to minimise shadowing to the field of play.
This project demonstrates Jackson Architecture’s capability to plan, manage and resolve complex stadia design needs.
- Corporate and public food and beverage facilities;
- Public toilets;
- Back of house areas including kitchens and storage areas;
- Extensive MCG administration offices;
- A dedicated MCC entry with atrium;
- 500 seat member’s dining room;
- Long Room and Committee Room;
- Media, corporate sponsors and coaches boxes;
- 6 full size indoor cricket practice wickets and large outdoor natural turf cricket practice enclosure;
- A gymnasium and dedicated change rooms of the highest standards designed in conjunction with the Victorian Cricket Association;
- State of the art player, coach and media facilities; and
- Discrete dedicated viewing boxes for umpires and cricket teams with external balconies in prime position on the lowest deck with access to the change rooms below.