Melbourne Cricket Ground Great Southern Stand Redevelopment
An iconic feature of arguably the most iconic stadium in Australia. Originally designed by Jackson Architecture in 1992, the firm undertook a refurbishment in 2013.
The MCG’s Great Southern Stand was awarded Royal Australian Institute of Architects Sir Zelman Cowen Award. National award for the most outstanding architectural work and the Victorian Chapter Architecture Medal.
It was also recognised in 2020 receiving Royal Australian Institute of Architects Enduring Architecture Award.
- Open and light spaces similar to those provided on the northern side of the stadium;
- Improved stadium entry points at gates 4, 5 and 6;
- New state of the art fit-outs for the existing dining rooms;
- Kitchen upgrades;
- Improved food and beverage facilities (including food courts);
- New and improved toilet facilities;
- Upgrades to infrastructure services, audio visual systems and wayfinding singage;
- Upgraded function rooms (Brunton, Wills and Legends rooms) with enclosed foyers;
- A new 500-seat function room on Level 2; and
- A new sports bar.