Monash University International Business School
Completion | 2015
In collaboration with | JCB Architects
The new premises of Monash University International Bachelor of Business called for innovative space planning and a visionary design solution that explores and challenges the preconception of traditional tertiary teaching spaces.
The brief called for a diverse facility that allows teaching and learning to occur in an innovative and flexible way. The design embraces the course’s international outlook and vision to be reflective of industry needs and provide “student centred” pedagogy.
The recently completed design was delivered through a highly collaborative and streamlined workshop process that facilitated an extremely challenging programme of eight weeks from engagement to full tender documentation.
- 10 classrooms, in a variety of sizes and configurations;
- 150 seat flexible plenary space;
- Library and micro recording studio;
- Quiet and open plan teacher workspaces; ‘Village square’ style hubs with recharge stations and beverage facilities; and
- Student café with connection to an external roof garden.