The Carlton Residences
As part of the Living Carlton project, the Heritage Apartments are located at the southern end of the Keppel/Cardigan precinct.
This design was created in consultation with Heritage Victoria. These are 20 private and predominantly single storey dwellings converted from the existing heritage brick building of the women’s refuge centre dating back to 1850’s, later Queen Elizabeth Centre and refurbishment of the 1881 Chapel for community use.
The varied 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms apartments all consist of a private courtyard.
The heritage architecture of red brick, high ceilings and a number of fireplaces is pronounced, complimented by sophisticated, modern design.
A public landscaped open space surrounding the chapel and landscaped public open space fronting Keppel St forms part of this development.
This stage of Living Carlton also includes two new public parks and the restoration of the former Chapel Building for use by the local community.
Jackson Architecture has bought the Keppel Street heritage precinct fabric back to life.