Daryl Jacksons built works, together with his considerable leadership through teaching, writing and lecturing has had a significant influence on the course of Australian architectural development. In 1990, the public recognition of the quality of his services to architecture resulted in the conferring of an Order of Australia and an Honorary Fellowship of the American Institute of Architects.
With his extensive participation in various significant cultural organisations, including positions as Chairman of the Australian Film Institute, Trustee of the National Gallery of Victoria and Member of the Victorian Council of the Arts, Vice President of the Melbourne Cricket Club and President of Wesley College, Daryl Jackson has continually contributed to a heterogeneous notion of Australian culture.
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Diploma of Architecture, RMIT
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor, Deakin University
- Honorary Doctorate, University of Ballarat
- Order of Australia in 1990
- RAIA Gold Medallist
- Honorary Doctorate, University of Melbourne
- Centenary Medal for Services to Architecture, 2001
- Registered with the Board of Architects, Victoria
- Honorary Fellow, The American Institute of Architects
- Member of RIBA
- Member of AIA Practice Committee