Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is Australia’s largest national union and professional nursing and midwifery organisation. The ANMF is a member-based organisation, existing to support development and policy for nurses, midwives and assistants.
The design involved the addition of four levels to the Melbourne CBD facility. The contemporary building is near in proximity to major universities, and complements the surrounding education precinct.
Architecturally, the project brief was to extend the existing building by three levels, creating an 8 storey purpose built office tower. A detailed Interior Space Planning and Concept Design was required to facilitate the integrated fitout for the new construction works at 540 Elizabeth Street. Jackson Architecture/Interiors designed the extension and interiors for the work environment to accommodate the future direction and growth of the union.
- Office workspace and facilities for ANF staff to be located on levels four, five & six with inter-connecting internal stairs between floors;
- ANF reception area on level five;
- Conference facility with kitchen function to level seven;
- Quality client meeting rooms, adjacent to the reception area;
- Comfortable and efficient working environment that allows for future growth;
- Centralised storage facilities for work files and stationery;
- Maximised natural light for staff;
- Improved facilities including workstations and lunch areas;
- Meeting rooms to each floor; and • Nursing Laboratory.